Caregiving can be a monotonous undertaking. Going through the same motions every day to keep their elderly clients on schedule can make a care provider feel as if they’re running on autopilot. Sometimes, changing up the routine a bit and going on an adventure can breathe new life into the caregiver/client relationship.
For care providers and their elderly clients in the Bridgetown, OH area, a big city adventure is just nine short miles away. Fountain Square in Cincinnati is a gathering place where locals and visitors alike come together to enjoy the ambiance of the city. A historic fountain sits in the middle of the square and dates back to 1871.
The courtyard on the square has café tables and chairs to accommodate guests during their trip. Sixteen of those have chess and checker boards painted onto them so that visitors can enjoy a game. This is a great activity for caregivers and seniors to work on and improve cognitive function. Other than enjoying the garden like setting in the square or people watching, there is a food tent that is open in the evening hours to serve guests. The restaurants that serve from the tent are Skyline Chili, Papa John’s Pizza, Nay Nay’s Barbeque, Abuelos, and Mama Made It. Aside from the food tent, there are several other restaurants and entertainment venues within a three block radius of the square.
Some of the weekly events at Fountain Square are:
- Acoustic Thursdays 11am until 1pm – features acoustic musical performances from singers and bands
- Wednesdays at noon – The Cooking With Caitlin Show is filmed live in the square.
- Saturdays during the summer are Family Days. Many activities and performances are hosted by local businesses for families and children.
- Sundays from 5pm until 7pm, local singers and groups perform live Gospel music.
- Tuesdays during the summer the square hosts a farmer’s market from 11am until 2pm.
- Saturday is Movie Night at the square. Movies are shown on a big screen LED television high above the square. First showing is at 7:30pm and the second is at 9:30pm.
These events are just a small sampling of what Fountain Square has to offer. In addition to these events, there are dance classes, poetry readings, plays – as well as a number of holiday events. Visitors to the square should not be concerned for their safety. Fountain Square employs full time ambassadors that work security around the clock to ensure the safety of the square’s visitors.
For an updated list of current events at Fountain Square, caregivers can logon to the website, located here .
Tender Hearts at Home Senior Care is a care provider covering the town of Bridgetown. We offer senior care, respite care and elderly care with caregivers of the highest standard.